Rum Runner is a cocktail with a whisper of adventure and a taste of tropical shores. This concoction is more than just a drink; it’s a trip through history and flavors converging to create a vivid and memorable experience.
Rum Runner’s origins are tied to the images of 17th-century pirates and sailors. Derived from the need to use pirated alcohol creatively during prohibition, Rum Runner’s story is one. A story about resilience, ingenuity, and the pursuit of joy amid adversity.
Celebrate the spirit of adventure, moments of relaxation, laughter, and camaraderie. Rum Runner is the perfect companion for beach get-togethers, yacht parties, and any occasion that demands a difference.
Fun Fact: Did you know that the Rum Runner was reportedly created in the 1950s in the Florida Keys, a region famous for its maritime legacy?
Rum Runner Original Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 Oz (30 ml) Light rum
- 1 Oz (30 ml) Navy-strength rum
- 1 Oz (30 ml) Banana liqueur (such as Giffard Banane du Bresil)
- 1/2 Oz (15 ml) Blackberry liqueur (such as Giffard Creme de Mure)
- 2 Oz (60 ml) Pineapple juice
- 1 Oz (30 ml) Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 Oz (15 ml) Grenadine
- Garnish: brandied cherry
- Garnish: pineapple wedge
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add the white rum, navy-strength rum, banana liqueur, blackberry liqueur, pineapple juice, lime juice, and grenadine to the cocktail shaker.
- Secure the top of the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour the mixture over ice in a glass.
- Garnish with blackberries, lime, pineapple, and a brandied cherry if desired.
- Serve immediately and transport yourself to a tropical oasis.
Pro Tips for Success:
- Use high-quality rums and liqueurs for a well-balanced and flavorful cocktail.
- Shake the cocktail vigorously to ensure proper mixing of ingredients and a refreshing chill.
- Experiment with garnishes to add a personal touch to your Rum Runner.
- Calories: ~290
- Carbohydrates: ~32g
- Sugar: ~25g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 0.5g
Our thinks about Rum Runner
Heading to the Florida Keys for a singles adventure, I embrace the spirit of rebellion and excitement with the Rum Runner, a cocktail that originated during Prohibition. Sipping it at the Holiday Isle Tiki Bar, I feel the echo of time, celebrating both struggles and victories. This cocktail, a symbol of resilience, reminds us of the battles for passion.
While enjoying Rum Runner, I toast those who paved the way for this joy. It’s a reminder that even in adversity, the pursuit of pleasure doesn’t stop. With each sip, I immerse myself in history, cherishing the freedom, courage, and rich flavors left behind.
What is the origin of the Rum Runner?
The Rum Runner cocktail has its roots in the late 1950s, originating at the Holiday Isle Tiki Bar in Islamorada, Florida. Legend has it that the bar had a surplus of rum and various liqueurs that needed to be consumed before the new stock was available. In an innovative blend, Rum Runner was born.
The name pays homage to the “Rum Runners,” who once navigated the Florida Keys, smuggling alcohol during Prohibition. This cocktail has become a tribute to their daring spirit. Like many other culinary creations, this recipe has evolved over time as it is passed from hand to hand, with variations stemming from adjusting the amount of ingredients while preserving the essence of the ingredients. This tropical wine.
Founded by a group of passionate foodies and cocktail enthusiasts, We believe that the act of cooking a delicious meal and concocting the perfect drink isn’t just about satisfying hunger and thirst; it’s a form of self-expression and an avenue for nurturing your well-being from the inside out.