With its flavored spirits, raspberry vodka is a fun choice for cocktail enthusiasts and DIY experimenters.
Mixing fruit into vodka has been a tradition for centuries, especially in Eastern European countries like Poland and Russia. Even though commercial flavored vodkas have flooded the market, there’s something more satisfying about making your own at home.
Raspberry vodka and fruit cocktails are easy to drink, but that’s why people often drink more than they should. This drink is often found in bars or at home parties. A glass of raspberry vodka with friends on a weekend evening is the way to enjoy life.
Raspberry Vodka Recipe
- 1-liter glass bottle or jar with a lid
- Muslin cloth
- Measuring scales
- 700 ml Unflavored vodka substitute: other neutral spirits like gin
- 200 grams Fresh raspberries substitute: frozen raspberries
- 100 grams White sugar substitute: granulated Stevia for a low-sugar option
- Wash the Bottle in soapy water, rinse, and dry it in a cool oven at 140 degrees centigrade.
- Using a funnel, spoon the sugar into the bottle.
- Gently add the raspberries to the bottle.200 grams Fresh raspberries
- Fill up the bottle with vodka.700 ml Unflavored vodka
- Close the lid tightly and shake well to combine.
- Keep the bottle in a dark place and turn it around once or twice daily to dissolve the sugar.100 grams White sugar
- After a week, taste a small sample. If you wish, you can add more sugar.
- When the vodka is ready (ideally after 3 months or more), strain the vodka into a clean bottle with a sieve and a piece of muslin.
Pro Tips for Success:
- Use high-quality fresh raspberries for the best flavor.
- Avoid using brown sugar as it can overpower the natural raspberry taste.
- The longer you let the vodka infuse, the richer the flavors will be.
- Always freeze your vodka after straining for an ice-cold serving.
Calculate Nutrition for the Drink:Per 30 ml serving:
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
What vodka has a raspberry flavor?
- Smirnoff Raspberry: One of the most accessible and popular brands, Smirnoff offers a raspberry-flavored vodka that is quite versatile for cocktails.
- Stolichnaya Razberi: Known commonly as Stoli, this brand also has a well-regarded raspberry-flavored vodka.
- Absolut Raspberri: Absolut is another renowned vodka brand, and its Raspberry version is made from natural ingredients.
- New Amsterdam Raspberry: Known for being smooth and slightly sweet, New Amsterdam’s raspberry vodka is a solid choice for various cocktails.
- Pinnacle Raspberry: Pinnacle offers a wide range of flavored vodkas, including a raspberry variant ideal for mixing.
- Grey Goose Le Citron Raspberry: Though not a purely raspberry-flavored vodka, this luxury brand does offer a version where raspberry is one of the key flavor notes.
- Svedka Raspberry: This is another budget-friendly option if you’re looking for raspberry-flavored vodka for your cocktails.
- UV Blue Raspberry: While not strictly a natural raspberry flavor, this brand provides a colorful and playful take on raspberry vodka.
- Deep Eddy Lemon & Raspberry: This brand combines lemon and raspberry flavors for a tangy and sweet vodka experience
Founded by a group of passionate foodies and cocktail enthusiasts, We believe that the act of cooking a delicious meal and concocting the perfect drink isn’t just about satisfying hunger and thirst; it’s a form of self-expression and an avenue for nurturing your well-being from the inside out.