The Orange Crush Cocktail is a citrus-infused cocktail native to the sunny shores of the East Coast; this boozy treat combines the vibrant flavors of orange vodka, Triple Sec, and fresh citrus juice, Topped with carbonated lemon-lime soda. It’s perfect for beach days, relaxing by the pool, or anytime you need refreshments.
Orange Crush Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Highball glass
- 2 oz Orange vodka
- 1 oz Triple sec orange liqueur
- 1 oz Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon-lime soda Sprite or 7UP
- Orange wheel or slice for garnish
- Crushed ice
- Start by filling a highball glass with crushed ice, creating a frosty base for your cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 oz of orange vodka, 1 oz of triple sec, 1 oz of freshly squeezed orange juice, and 1/2 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice.2 oz Orange vodka, 1 oz Triple sec, 1 oz Freshly squeezed orange juice, 1/2 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add a generous amount of ice to the shaker to chill the mixture effectively.
- Seal the shaker and shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This step not only cools the ingredients but also combines them beautifully.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared highball glass, pouring it over the crushed ice.Crushed ice
- Top off the glass with lemon-lime soda (Sprite or 7UP). The amount you use can vary based on your sweetness preference.Lemon-lime soda
- Give the drink a gentle stir to marry the flavors and effervescence.
- Garnish your Orange Crush cocktail with a fresh orange wheel or slice on the rim of the glass. It adds a vibrant touch to the presentation.Orange wheel or slice for garnish
- Serve your cocktail immediately, and enjoy the citrusy, fizzy refreshment!
Pro Tips for Success:
- Use freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice for the best and brightest flavor.
- Adjust the amount of lemon-lime soda to achieve your desired level of sweetness and dizziness.
- Consider rimming the glass with sugar before pouring in the cocktail for an extra sweet touch.
- Experiment with different brands of orange vodka to find the one that suits your taste preferences best.
What liquor goes well with orange soda?
Here’s a list of liquors that go well with orange soda:
- The botanicals in gin complement the citrusy notes in orange soda, creating a refreshing combination.
- Red Wine is a surprising choice, but mixing red wine with orange soda creates a sweet, fruity, sangria-like drink.
- Tequila and orange soda make a classic and zesty combination, especially when adding a lime squeeze.
- The warm spices in Spiced rum complement orange soda’s sweet and fizzy nature.
- Whiskey‘s caramel notes can mix harmoniously with the sweetness of orange soda.
- Vodka is a neutral spirit that pairs well with orange soda’s bright and bubbly flavors.
- Blue Curacao enhances the orange flavor in orange soda and adds a vibrant blue hue.
- A splash of prosecco with orange soda creates a delightful, bubbly cocktail.
- Combining peach schnapps with orange soda produces a peachy and sweet concoction.
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky: If you like a little kick, it works well with the sweetness of orange soda.
- Amaretto‘s almond flavor blends nicely with orange soda’s citrusy and sweet notes.
- The tropical vibes of coconut rum complement the fruity flavors in orange soda.
- Another orange liqueur, Triple Sec intensifies the orange flavor while adding a touch of sweetness.
- Classic rum can be mixed with orange soda for a simple yet enjoyable cocktail.
- Combine champagne with orange soda for a bubbly twist to create a light and effervescent drink.
Founded by a group of passionate foodies and cocktail enthusiasts, We believe that the act of cooking a delicious meal and concocting the perfect drink isn’t just about satisfying hunger and thirst; it’s a form of self-expression and an avenue for nurturing your well-being from the inside out.