The Mistletoe Martini is a modern cocktail that captures the essence of the holiday season in a glass. While it doesn’t boast an age-old history like some classic cocktails, it has rapidly become a favorite at holiday parties for its festive flavor profile and visual appeal.
The Mistletoe Martini is an excellent choice for holiday gatherings, Christmas parties, or cozy nights by the fire. It’s a simple yet sophisticated drink, highlighted by the blending of Tito’s handcrafted vodka, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, and cranberry juice.
Fun fact: the mistletoe tradition dates back to ancient times and is often associated with peace, love, and protection—elements you’ll want to carry with you at any party!
Mistletoe Martini Cocktail Recipe
- Shaker Tin or Boston Glass
- Hawthorne Strainer
- Rocks glass
- Ice cubes
- Measuring jigger
- 1.5 oz Tito's Handcrafted Vodka Replacement: Any good quality vodka
- 0.5 oz Elderflower Liqueur Replacement: St. Germain or a splash of grapefruit juice for a non-alcoholic option
- 0.5 oz One-to-One Simple Syrup Replacement: Agave syrup or honey
- 1.5 oz Cranberry Juice (Blend) Replacement: Pure cranberry juice or cran-raspberry juice
- Fill your rocks glass with ice cubes and set aside.
- Add vodka, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, and cranberry juice in your shaker tin or Boston glass.1.5 oz Tito's Handcrafted Vodka, 0.5 oz Elderflower Liqueur, 0.5 oz One-to-One Simple Syrup, 1.5 oz Cranberry Juice (Blend)
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour the shaken mixture over the prepared rocks glass using a Hawthorne strainer.
- Add a few actual cranberries and a sprig of mint on top.
Pro Tips for Success
- Make sure to shake the cocktail well to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Use fresh cranberries and mint for garnish to enhance the visual appeal and flavor.
- For a non-alcoholic version, skip the vodka and elderflower liqueur, substituting them with grapefruit juice and a splash of soda.
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
What does Mistletoe Martini taste like?
The Mistletoe Martini offers a delightful fusion of flavors that capture the spirit of the holiday season. Here’s a breakdown of how it might taste:
- Initial Impressions: When you first take a sip, you’ll likely be greeted by cranberry juice’s tart and fruity punch. It’s the first note that hits your palate and wakes up your senses, making it a good opener for the cocktail.
- Mid Palate: As the initial tartness mellows, the floral sweetness of the elderflower liqueur starts to unfold. Elderflower has a unique flavor profile, similar to lychee, pear, and grapefruit all rolled into one. This sweetness helps balance out the tartness from the cranberry juice, providing a sophisticated mid-palate experience.
- Finish: Toward the end, the clean and relatively neutral taste of quality vodka like Tito’s comes into play. The vodka is a foundation that ties together the tartness and the sweetness, allowing both to shine without overpowering each other. You’ll notice that the vodka itself isn’t overtly present in taste but works more as a backbone to elevate the other flavors.
- Aftertaste: The aftertaste is relatively clean, with lingering notes of fruitiness and a touch of floral sweetness. You might also notice a subtle warmth from the vodka as it goes down, leaving you with a comforting, festive feeling.
- Garnish: The garnish of fresh cranberries and mint adds visual appeal and aromatic elements. The mint offers a refreshing contrast, while the cranberries can provide occasional bursts of tartness if you eat them.
The Mistletoe Martini is a cocktail that combines tart, sweet, and floral flavors in a harmonious blend, making it a fantastic choice for holiday celebrations or any time you’re in a festive mood.
Founded by a group of passionate foodies and cocktail enthusiasts, We believe that the act of cooking a delicious meal and concocting the perfect drink isn’t just about satisfying hunger and thirst; it’s a form of self-expression and an avenue for nurturing your well-being from the inside out.