There are various ways to heat a pizza such as baking, microwaving, and grilling. Each method will give a different result, so you might want to consider which works best. Refer to the article below for helpful information about reheating frozen pizza.
How to reheat frozen pizza
Below are steps for reheating frozen pizza in the oven:
- Preheat the oven first to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the frozen pizza on a baking sheet and heat it for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes then enjoy your delicious slice.
You will have a tasty slice of reheated frozen pizza with the steps listed above. In addition, refer to these tips below to get the best results when reheating pizza in the oven:
- Preheat the oven first and put the pizza in.
- Avoid overcooking the pizza for more than 12 minutes because it can cause it to hard and dry. 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature.
- Put the pizza on a wire rack or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent the crust from becoming soggy when reheating in the oven.
- These steps fit well with the toaster oven. However, the pizza will cook more quickly in a toaster oven, so keep an eye on your pizza frequently.
Microwaving your frozen pizza is simple. It just takes a few minutes to have a delicious slice of pizza. Simply put the pizza on a microwavable plate or tray and place a paper towel in between for about 30 seconds to 1 minute per slice of pizza, or until the cheese has melted.
Keep a glass of water next to it and add a paper towel beneath the slice will help your pizza not dry out or make it soggy when reheating. Set the microwave to run for 45 seconds.
Avoid using the microwave’s defrost option, as this can cause the crust to become soggy. One thing worth noting is reheating frozen pizza in the microwave may not have the same level of crispiness as baking it in the oven.
Below are steps for reheating frozen pizza in the pan:
- Preheat by melting butter in a nonstick pan with medium heat. Don’t add oil as the oil from the pizza is enough to crisp the crust.
- Put a pizza slice in your pan. Allow it to cook for about two minutes or until the crust is crisp.
- Sprinkle two to three drops of water into the pan but avoid getting in touch with the slice of pizza. Allow the pizza to cook for a few more minutes until the cheese melts by covering it with a lid.
- Remove the pan from the heat, wait until it cools, and serve yourself a perfect slice.
Should I thaw frozen pizza before reheating it?
You should thaw frozen pizza before reheating it. This way helps evenly bake and completely cook the pizza. Take the frozen pizza out at room temperature. It can take about 30 minutes to an hour to fully thaw, depending on the pizza size.
How long is cooked frozen pizza good for in the fridge?
According to the USDA, cooked frozen pizza is good in the fridge for 3-4 days (and in the freezer for 3-4 months). You can reheat the pizza whenever you want, the aromas and flavors of the toppings become better over time because it melts together during refrigeration.
What temperature should the oven be to reheat pizza?
It is recommended to preheat your oven to 350 – 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the tray (and foil) reach this temperature before putting in the pizza to ensure it will reheat evenly. It will take about 8-10 minutes for your pizza to reheat and be ready to eat.
Why is my frozen pizza always soggy?
After cooking, the frozen pizza tends to become soft and soggy if you don’t cook the pizza properly. Cooking a pizza properly demands temperatures near thousands of degrees, which means that if you are cooking it at too low of a temperature for not enough time, you will surely end up with a soggy pizza.
Another reason is the frozen dough is typically soft and fluffy because there is a lot of water in the dough. To avoid this situation, let the pizza thaw for 30-60 minutes before cooking. This allows the dough to rise slightly and helps it cook more evenly.
Above is guidance on what to do step-by-step, with tips to get the best results when you want to reheat frozen pizza. Give them a try and you will certainly satisfy with the outcome!
Founded by a group of passionate foodies and cocktail enthusiasts, We believe that the act of cooking a delicious meal and concocting the perfect drink isn’t just about satisfying hunger and thirst; it’s a form of self-expression and an avenue for nurturing your well-being from the inside out.